Relics, Mementos and Memorials
Here are to be found inscribed tablets and mementos as well as family relics such as insignia.
Choose one of the following items:
[A Petition to the Secretary of State for the Home Department]
- A petition for the transmutation of Lee's sentence to one of penal servitude rather death ...
Opinion of the Foreman of the Jury
- The foreman of the jury at Lee's trial expressed the opinion that had the accused entered ...
- John Lee applied to the home secretary to have his death sentence stopped. In the end he s ...
The Behaviour of the Prisoner
- The Torquay Directory observed Lee's strange attitude in Court: 'The behaviour of the pris ...
Unconcerned About His Fate
- Following Lee's arrest, the Torquay Times reported concerns about Lee's sanity: 'It is sai ...